Who are we
From our inception, we have worked with renowned authors such as Ambassador Mohamed Ali Ameriko. Authors currently writing for Sha Dor represent various languages such as Somali, Oromo, Kiswahili, Hmong, and Karen.
Sha Dor Press promotes new voices and perspectives by publishing in unique languages. We want immigrant populations around the globe that speak less commonly spoken languages, indigenous to remote areas around the world, to be able to access literature that is representative of their languages and cultures. We want to share those stories with folks interested in adding value to their children's life by exposing them to bilingual books filled with ancient and modern wisdom.
Sha Dor Press is an independent publishing company that seeks to print stories written in less commonly spoken languages such as Somali, Hmong, Karen, Amharic, Oromo, Swahili, and more.
Our mission is to publish linguistically diverse books. Everyone should have access to books that offer mirrors (seeing themselves) and windows (Seeing the world) to celebrate our similarities and value our difference.
1. To publish high-quality books for children and young adults.
2. To publish books that explore different social issues in our time with curiosity, intelligence, and ingenuity.
3. Provide children, teens, and adults with literary work that explore the significant social issues of our time with intelligence and ingenuity
4. Empower and support a diverse array of authors and illustrators, both new and established, and
5. Committed to producing bilingual books
Order your copy now!
Maxamed Cali Nuur Ameriko's autobiography is the best-selling Somali book of 2022. Danjire Maxamed traveled to South Africa, Germany, Turkey, North America, the United Kingdom, and Ireland, to name a few, with readers purchasing signed copies of this book in masses.
Written in Somali, a 3-year-old boy tells his friends all the tasks he can do without his parent's support.
This book is a children's rhyme book written in Somali. It can be compared to Doctor Seuss's books. These catchy-witty rhymes will be permanently fixed in the memories of book lovers. Buggaan waa buug ay carruurta iyo qoyska xiiseynaayan.